Tips for Christmas
Around this time of year, children tend to be given food to give out to their classmates which may not be suitable for your child. You can either try to make other parents aware of your child's allergies or as an alternative, offer your child something to exchange the food with, such as money or prizes. Always tell your child not to eat something given to them if you or an adult you have given permission to has not checked the ingredients to see if it is safe for them.
Orders are shipped direct to you by Gingerbread Folk and ausEE charity will receive a 20% commission from every sale using the AUSEE discount code! Everything you purchase using the AUSEE discount code attracts a discount and a commission (not just products from their Christmas range).
Gingerbread Folk are egg free, dairy free, nut free and they have gluten free options!
- Ingredients: 3 cups plain flour
- 1 tspn baking powder
- 1 cup Nuttelex
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tspn Organ 'No Egg' mixed with water
- 1 tspn vanilla essence
- In a bowl of an electric mixer, using paddle attachment, cream together Nuttelex and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add in ‘no egg’ and vanilla essence, mix well.
- Add combined flour and baking powder slowly, blend until all the flour is mixed in and the dough leaves the sides of the bowl.
- Remove dough from bowl, wrap in cling wrap and refrigerate for approx. 1 hour.
- Roll out dough to ½ cm thick and cut out shapes.
- Place cookies on greased baking trays and bake at 170C for 10-15 minutes.
- Allow to cool before icing.
- Tips for decorating:
- To make a stamped cookie, cut it out with the round cutter first.
- For icing roll out fondant on a silicon baking sheet on cleaned bench, lightly dusted with icing sugar.
- Cut out shape to match cookies.
- Brush one side of fondant shape lightly with water to stick to baked cookie.
- To finish off, brush with edible gold paint.
- Ingredients: 1/2 cup Nuttelex
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2/3 cup golden syrup
- 2 1/2 cups plain flour
- 2 tspns ground ginger
- 1 tspn bi-carb soda
Icing: Mix 1 cup icing sugar, approx. 1 tablespoon Nuttelex, 1 tspn vanilla essence and enough hot water to make a good consistency for piping. Place in piping bag or ziplock bag with corner snipped off. Decorate with your safe lollies.